- Signs will be displayed outlining proper hand hygiene.
- Students will be educated in proper hand hygiene. (e.g., faucets, paper towel dispensers, door handles)
- Cleaning schedules will be created for cleaning high touch surfaces.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) will be provided for staff providing support in restrooms.
- Custodians will be trained in proper cleaning techniques for COVID-19.
- A sign template will be provided by the Office of Communications, outlining proper handwashing and hand hygiene techniques. Signs will be posted in every restroom and at every sink.
- Students will be required to wear face coverings in the restroom until further notice. Exceptions are outlined in the appendix.
- Secondary teachers will be encouraged to allow students to use the restroom during class as needed in order to reduce the number of students in the restroom during class breaks.
- All restroom fixtures, sinks, toilets, showers, stall doors, hardware, partition doors, benches, and walls will be disinfected multiple times each day.
- Floors will be mopped and disinfected daily.
- Custodians will assist school administration with social distancing rules by:
- placing markers on the floor to encourage physical distancing.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- All custodians and sweepers will use face coverings (nose, mouth and eyes) and gloves. All custodians and staff will be required to wear the recommended PPE as stated in the chemical safety data sheet.
- No custodians will operate an electrostatic or misting sprayer with disinfecting chemicals when students or the public are present.
Back to What's Happening Where?