- Educators will be trained on how to implement strategies to identify and mitigate risk in the
- The District will develop protocols for implementing an increased cleaning and hygiene regimen.
- Faculty and staff will wear face coverings.
- Hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, soap and water, or similar disinfectant will be readily available to staff/students/visitors in controlled environments to ensure safe use.
- Students will be required to wear a face covering in the media center. Exceptions are outlined in the appendix.
- Library staff will instruct students in increased hygiene protocol such as washing hands before handling books.
- Library staff will consider the layout of furniture to maximize social distancing.
- Mobile plexiglass partitions will be utilized as needed.
- Increased time between class visits will allow for cleaning and disinfecting of library surfaces.
- Signage and floor markings will be posted to encourage social distancing in the library.
- Books will be “quarantined” for 72 hours after check-in before being processed by library staff
- Library staff feeling ill will stay home.
- The library will be managed with health and safety principles in place when students visit the library before/after school or during free time.
Back to What's Happening Where?