- Face coverings will be worn by students, drivers, and other passengers. Exceptions for students
are outlined in the appendix of this document.
- Strategies will be implemented to ensure driver and attendant safety on all buses.
- Protocols will be established to minimize mixing of students from different households and regularly cleaning and disinfecting seats and other high-touch surfaces.
- Bus Drivers and Attendants will
- take their own temperature each day to ensure they do not have a fever of 100.4 or greater.
- wear face coverings.
- not use eye protection that obstructs vision while driving.
- wipe down all high touch areas (handrails, seat backs, etc.) of the bus with disinfectant.
- deep clean the buses at the end of the day with a disinfecting mister.
- load students on the bus in a manner that maximizes physical distancing.
- Face shields or goggles will be available for Drivers and Attendants to use when working with students, parents, school personnel, or other individuals.
- Students will
- wear a face covering. Exceptions are outlined in the appendix.
- be assigned a seat in order to support contact tracing.
- be seated next to members of the same household when possible.
- load the bus from the rear to the front based on the location of the bus stop.
- Administrators/Teachers will
- continue to accept requests for Space Available passes on buses using current district guidelines.
- facilitate boarding of buses at the end of the day to ensure students are seated according to household groups, bus routes, and seating charts.
Additional Actions and Guidance
- Students are expected to comply with physical distancing recommendations and instructions of
the bus driver and attendants.
- Parents of special education students receiving specific bus services need to notify transportation dispatch if the student will not be attending school.
- Friday bus schedules will be forthcoming.
Back to What's Happening Where?